
I went out to try and run the New Years 5K again today. Yesterday I failed miserably and only logged 2.36 miles and left me feeling like it was truly the WORST run of the year. So today I decided I would find the strength and get it done.
I started out with the intentions of running 3.1 miles for the day (after all I do have a 12 hour shift tonight) and ended up running a 9.8 mile loop in 1:45:32. It was a beautiful day and the voices in my head told me to "just keep running". As I passed a spray painted message on the road at mile one that said "This is for you Tater, will love you always" referring to a 3 year old little boy in our small community that died 2 weeks ago in a tragic drowning I told myself just keep running, run for Tayte. The weather was perfect and I really wanted to start the new year out right so I kept running. I thought about the 2 virtual races I missed (Halloween and Christmas) due to work and bad weather and thought I can do all three today, and kept running. I was lost in my thoughts staring at the beautiful mountains that surround me and the quiet sounds of country life and I just kept running. Towards the end of my run, I thought about how my hip hurt and my legs were done, but just kept running until I made it back home. I have to say it has been the best run I have had all year!
Thank you Kiley for keeping me running. Happy New Year to all and Here's to a New Year of running!
I started out with the intentions of running 3.1 miles for the day (after all I do have a 12 hour shift tonight) and ended up running a 9.8 mile loop in 1:45:32. It was a beautiful day and the voices in my head told me to "just keep running". As I passed a spray painted message on the road at mile one that said "This is for you Tater, will love you always" referring to a 3 year old little boy in our small community that died 2 weeks ago in a tragic drowning I told myself just keep running, run for Tayte. The weather was perfect and I really wanted to start the new year out right so I kept running. I thought about the 2 virtual races I missed (Halloween and Christmas) due to work and bad weather and thought I can do all three today, and kept running. I was lost in my thoughts staring at the beautiful mountains that surround me and the quiet sounds of country life and I just kept running. Towards the end of my run, I thought about how my hip hurt and my legs were done, but just kept running until I made it back home. I have to say it has been the best run I have had all year!
Thank you Kiley for keeping me running. Happy New Year to all and Here's to a New Year of running!
1 comment:
Ok, I'm so bad at checking the private blogs - but I'm finally here. You make me jealous! 10 miles (I round up!)?!! How nice would that be. CANT WAIT!!!
and, I bet the trip over to El Vaquero would be about 9-10 hours for you. I think it's 8 or 9 from LG. Just make it another Yellowstone/Tetons trip!!
Post a Comment