Wednesday, June 15, 2011


Our season has come to an end and I have to say it's a little bitter sweet. Even though coaching can be exhausting we had an AWESOME group of kids who we'd coach year round if we could. They always showed great sportsmanship, were extremely coachable, and chatter boxes in the field and dugout, keeping their spirits high shaking off any mistakes they made and making up for it on the next play. They improved so much and were a JOY to have!
Nojah was one of the oldest kids on the team this year opting to stay down in minors so he would get more playing time and experience pitching and even though I would have loved to see him move up to Majors, I think it was a great decision. He did a great job for us at the pitchers mound as well as at shortstop. He really stepped up and was the leader we really needed out there this year.
Alexyss was amazing in the outfield always hustling to back up 1st or 3rd base each time there was a throw and talking her little heart out keeping everyone talking as well. She was thrilled the day she got to play one inning of second base and a did a great job when she did. Even though she wasn't quite ready for the infield this year she looks forward to moving on to softball next year and is already working on her pitching.
I am happy to say that Nojah earned a position on the All-stars team again this year and Tob earned his position as the assistant coach so we're not done yet but looking forward to going and watching a great group of boys compete in a couple of weeks.


3 comments:

Teri B said...

My grandkids are the BEST! I am so proud of them and you and Tob for the wonderful job you are doing raising them. I am excited to watch the All-Stars....it looks like the weather will be great!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Sounds like a fun group of kids.

Karen K. said...

Great job everybody! I wish we could come and watch. Oh, to live closer to everyone.